DUKE McCAFFREY CONSULTING LIMITED ONE OF 20 COMPANIES TO ACHIEVE CERTIFICATION TO WORLD CLASS BUSINESS STANDARDS
- 19 organisations from around the country have beenrecognised for achieving certification to world class business standards at a special ceremony in Dublin
- The majority of organisations achieved certification to the international ISO standard in Quality Management Systems
- Brakes Ltd, Pobal and Neurent Medical Galway among organisations honoured at today’s ceremony
20 organisations from the private, public and SME sectors gathered at NSAI (National Standards Authority of Ireland) offices in Dublin today for a special ceremony marking their achievement in becoming certified to world class business standards. The companies are located throughout the country and include Brakes Ltd, FLI Global Ltd, Pobal, Gem Construction, Boland Steel and Whytes Concrete Ltd.
All of the businesses and bodies that achieved certification were independently audited by NSAI inspectors in order to ensure they complied with the international standards.
The certification is a recognition of the work and effort Duke McCaffrey Consulting Limited has put in and underlines their commitment to working towards best practice.
The ISO management system approach and certification, helps Duke McCaffrey to improve our performance by:
- focusing on continuous improvement and finessing our systems so there is less time wasted on projects, resulting in right first time for our clients
- concentrating on the real issues our clients and teams face, and addressing them as part of lessons learned in our strategic reviews
- providing a platform for future growth. In just four years, our practice has grown significantly and our ISO certifications are testament to our commitment to creating a practice with the right infrastructure for this growth.
They join an elite group of over 3,000 organisations who are currently NSAI-certified in a variety of areas such as Quality Management Systems, Environmental Management Systems, Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and Energy Management.
Joseph McCaffrey, Director of Duke McCaffrey Consulting Limited said:
“Since its inception, the vision for Duke McCaffrey has been to adapt with change and to investigate the true potential of sites and projects for our clients, investors, developers and building users. The only way we can do this is to adapt with change from investing in technology to improved processes and systems. Our certification reinforces our commitment to progress.”
Speaking at the ceremony, NSAI Chief Executive Geraldine Larkin said achieving certification to world class business standards will give these organisations an advantage – both at home and abroad.
“Many of the companies gathered here today are being certified to two, three or in some cases, to four standards and I am delighted to see this type of commitment. You can see the real difference standards have made to your business and you have reaped rewards from these benefits. Not only have you gained competitive advantage – improving efficiency, reducing costs and minimising waste – your industries will continue to benefit because of your investment,” said Ms Larkin.
“At a time of increased globalization, Brexit negotiations and more and more international trade deals, it is essential for Irish industry to be as competitive as it can be. It is encouraging to see so many companies here today that are committed to working towards best practice. You are demonstrating that Ireland is one of the best places in the world to do business and that Irish and Irish based companies can compete at the highest level,” she added.
Organisations can contribute their knowledge, ideas and help build the standards of the future through becoming involved with standards development. Become a member of a volunteer committee, comment on or view a draft standard at NSAI.ie.
For further information, please contact:
Duke McCaffrey Consulting Limited
087 353 1326