Duke McCaffrey Consulting is seeking to recruit a candidate for the role of Senior Cost Manager, based in our Dublin Office
The suitable candidate will be experienced, confident, diligent, hardworking, ambitious and committed to achieve an excellent standard of work.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of cost estimates and cost plans
- Advising clients on procurement strategies
- Preparation of tender documentation including Bills of Quantities
- Tender evaluation and reporting
- Post-contract management – cost reporting, valuations, variations
- Attending design team meetings/site meetings
- Preparing/agreeing final accounts
- Management of junior QS personnel
Experience and Education
- BSc in Quantity Surveying/Construction Economics and Management
- SCSI/RICS Chartered – not essential, but advantageous
- 4+ years post-degree minimum
- Client facing skills and abilities
- Broad experience in both Public/Private Sectors
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong measurement ability required
- CostX experience is advantageous
- Strong IT ability required
- Self-driven/motivated individual who can be an integral part of a team
Duke McCaffrey’s vision is “Closer to what matters” – this is in the relation to the clients we serve. Our quantity surveyors / cost managers and project managers enjoy a wide range of opportunities to develop personally and professionally, and become part of a strong and robust team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects within our experienced Quantity Surveying team. This includes in sectors like hotel and leisure, residential, commercial office, retail, data centres and infrastructure.
We are proud of our firm’s broad appeal as a place for people to grow. With us you can realise your potential. Our supportive team structure will provide you with ongoing coaching, support and training as required.
The opportunity exists to travel with Duke McCaffrey Consulting to locations like UK, Germany and US.
We look forward to hearing from you.