Duke McCaffrey Consulting is seeking to recruit a candidate for the role of Project Manager, based in our Dublin office
The suitable candidate will be experienced, confident, diligent, hardworking, ambitious and committed to achieve an excellent standard of work.
- Assist in the delivery of PM commissions secured by the practice including:
- Sustaining a high level of PM delivery and driving an excellent service delivery to all clients and stakeholders.
- Conducting background research, data collection and similar exercises.
- Identifying best in class, innovation and applying this to PM commissions.
- Producing clear and concise project briefs, reports and programmes.
- Scheduling and planning projects effectively to achieve desired outcomes.
- Liaising with clients, stakeholders and design teams, always representing the highest level of professional integrity and mannerism in all dealings.
- Assist in the development and enhancement of delivery of PM commissions.
- Manage project costs including fee drawdowns and other non-construction costs where appropriate.
- Drafting briefs, procurement strategy and other strategic project documentation.
- Preparing RFP’s or similar for professional, design team and other consultants as appropriate.
- Compiling tender lists, checking and analysing tenders and drafting tender reports in respect of procurement of professional, design team and other consultants.
- Dealing with change control processes.
- Negotiating less financially significant or complex matters including professional fee claims and the like.
- Drafting monthly reports.
- Developing and implementing project handover, defects management and close-out procedures.
- Managing and facilitating lessons learned workshop on completion of project.
- Liaising with the client, contractors, designers, etc. demonstrating clear and effective communication at all times.
- Raise and enhance our market profile including identifying and converting growth opportunities.
- Assist in developing comprehensive and successful responses/submissions to secure further commissions.
- Assist in the development of a sustainable and successful business in line with defined strategic objectives.
- Implement the company code of ethics at all time.
Applicants Should Have
- Civil Engineering/PM/Construction Management Degree.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar consultancy.
- Excellent written and communication skills with an ability to produce clear and accurate project reports.
- Experience in developing and analysing project programmes using Microsoft Project or similar tools.
- Ability to chair project meetings and produce accurate meeting minutes.
- A good understanding of the Statutory Consents and Building Control Regulations processes.
- Ability to work on own initiative and the flexibility to adapt to client and project changes.
Duke McCaffrey’s vision is “Closer to what matters” – this is in the relation to the clients we serve. Our quantity surveyors / cost managers and project managers enjoy a wide range of opportunities to develop personally and professionally, and become part of a strong and robust team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects within our experienced Project Management team. This includes in sectors like hotel and leisure, residential, commercial office, retail, data centres and infrastructure.
We are proud of our firm’s broad appeal as a place for people to grow. With us you can realise your potential. Our supportive team structure will provide you with ongoing coaching, support and training as required.
The opportunity exists to travel with Duke McCaffrey Consulting to locations like UK, Germany and US.
We look forward to hearing from you.