The HSE have implemented a Pathfinder Pilot Programme in response to the requirements as outlined by the National Development Plan and Climate Action Plan for public sector projects.
The aim of the programme is to appoint 4 no. Design Teams across 4 no. regions (Dublin Mid-Leinster, Dublin North East, West and South) to implement the following targets to achieve Carbon Zero by 2050:
- Improve energy efficiency by 50%
- Reduce Carbon emissions by 50%
- Retrofit buildings to have a Building Energy Rating (BER) of ‘B2’ by 2030
- Provide clear pathway to achieving net zero carbon
Our role as Quantity Surveyors for DNE region is to assess and evaluate the various technical solutions from a financial viewpoint which are appropriate for use in the healthcare environment and to further develop a strategy to progress and deliver a large-scale renovation programme. We are providing Whole Life Cycle Costings and Life Cycle Assessment studies in relation to EED process and energy efficiency initiatives under consideration to allow the Technical Advisory Lead to determine the optional solution in relation to affordability both within the region and across the national programme.
- Over 50,000m2 of Build Stock Footprint reviewed and considered
- Developing solutions to Improve energy efficiency by 50%
- Developing solutions to Reduce Carbon emissions by 50%
- Assisting in development and roll out of programme wide processes and procedures
Project Value: €30m+
Our Role: Cost Management
Architect: Reddy Architecture + Urbanism
C&S: Roughan & O’Donovan
M&E: Semple McKillop