Senior Project Manager
4 November 2022
Duke McCaffrey Consulting is seeking to recruit a candidate for the role of Senior Project Manager, based in our Dublin office
The suitable candidate will be experienced, confident, diligent, hardworking, ambitious and committed to achieve an excellent standard of work.
- Lead the delivery of PM commissions secured by the practice including:
- Sustaining a high level of PM delivery and driving an excellent service delivery to all clients and stakeholders.
- Conducting background research, data collection and similar exercises.
- Identifying best in class, innovation and applying this to PM commissions.
- Producing clear and concise project briefs, reports and programmes.
- Scheduling and planning projects effectively to achieve desired outcomes.
- Advising clients on procurement routes, navigating statutory consents and construction timelines. Carry out benchmarking programme exercises where required for clients
- Liaising with clients, stakeholders and design teams, always representing the highest level of professional integrity and mannerism in all dealings.
- Lead the development and enhancement of delivery of PM commissions.
- Develop IT technology and collaboration into PM commissions.
- Take responsibility for internal document management in line with DMC’s ISO policies.
- Drive the BIM strategy for the PM team.
- Manage project costs including fee drawdowns and other non-construction costs where appropriate.
- Drafting briefs, procurement strategy and other strategic project documentation.
- Preparing RFP’s or similar for professional, design team and other consultants as appropriate.
- Compiling tender lists, checking and analysing tenders and drafting tender reports in respect of procurement of professional, design team and other consultants.
- Dealing with change control processes.
- Negotiating less financially significant or complex matters including professional fee claims and the like.
- Drafting monthly reports.
- Developing and implementing project handover, defects management and close-out procedures.
- Managing and facilitating lessons learned workshop on completion of project
- Liaising with the client, contractors, designers, etc. demonstrating clear and effective communication at all times.
- Raise and enhance our market profile including identifying and converting growth opportunities.
- Develop comprehensive and successful responses/submissions to secure further commissions.
- Development of a sustainable and successful business in line with defined strategic objectives.
- Managing and facilitating lessons learned workshop on completion of project.
- Implement the company code of ethics.
- Lead the delivery of commissions secured by the practice.
- Assist in the recruitment of further staff to support the delivery of commissions.
- Day to day line management of the project management staff recruited to augment the team.
- Driving and sustaining a high level and quality of service delivery.
- Assuming management responsibility for the delivery of agreed strategic and business objectives.
Applicants Should Have
- Civil Engineering/PM/Construction Management Degree.
- Minimum 5 years’ plus experience in a similar consultancy or development management role.
- Excellent written and communication skills with an ability to produce clear and accurate project reports.
- Experience in developing and analysing project programmes using Microsoft Project or similar tools.
- Ability to chair project meetings and produce accurate meeting minutes.
- A good understanding of the Statutory Consents and Building Control Regulations processes.
- Ability to work on own initiative and the flexibility to adapt to client and project changes.
Duke McCaffrey’s vision is “Closer to what matters” – this is in the relation to the clients we serve. Our quantity surveyors / cost managers and project managers enjoy a wide range of opportunities to develop personally and professionally, and become part of a strong and robust team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects within our experienced Project Management team. This includes in sectors like hotel and leisure, residential, commercial office, retail, data centres and infrastructure.
We are proud of our firm’s broad appeal as a place for people to grow. With us you can realise your potential. Our supportive team structure will provide you with ongoing coaching, support and training as required.
The opportunity exists to travel with Duke McCaffrey Consulting to locations like UK, Germany and US.
We are changing the world for the better. One space at a time. Take a glimpse at our projects and discover how we’re radically transforming the blueprint for design and construction.