Duke McCaffrey Consulting is seeking to recruit a candidate for the role of Senior Quantity Surveyor.
Applicants should have;
- Quantity Surveying/Construction Economics and Management Degree.
- 5+ years’ relevant work experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Flexibility to adapt to changes.
The suitable candidate should be confident, diligent, hardworking, ambitious and committed to achieve an excellent standard of work.
Duke McCaffrey Consulting is distinctive in the work we do, our moto is “Closer to what matters” i.e. the clients we serve. Our surveyors enjoy a wide range of opportunities, develop personally and professionally, and become part of a strong team. We are proud of our firm’s broad appeal as a place for people to grow.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects within our experienced Quantity Surveying team. This includes in sectors like hotel/leisure, residential, commercial office, retail, health, education, data centres and infrastructure.
Our supportive team structure will provide you with ongoing coaching, support and training as required.
Delivering the highest quality to our clients is core to what matters for Duke McCaffrey Consulting. Our clients are at the heart of what we do – we focus on delivering high quality services on a range of projects and clients.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Lead in the delivery of commissions secured by the practice with the intention for your responsibilities to develop to manage entire commissions and clients in the short/medium term.
- Lead in the development and enhancement of the service delivery methodology and supporting systems and tools.
- The delivery of commissions secured by the practice will include the following:
- Conducting background research, data collection and benchmarking.
- Estimating and producing cost estimates and cost plans.
- Compiling and amending tender lists.
- Drafting procurement documentation.
- Preparing detailed bills of quantities and measurement of construction.
- Checking and analysing tenders.
- Drafting tender reports.
- Dealing with variations and the change control processes.
- Negotiating financially significant or complex matters.
- Conducting cost checks.
- Conducting interim valuations.
- Drafting monthly reports.
- Analysing the numbers for the final accounts.
- Written reports for clients.
- Construction dispute resolution.
- Managing internal quality controls.
- Allocating and utilising resources in an efficient manner and maintaining a co-operative, motivated and successful QS team.
- Ensure that process and procedures are implemented by all QS Teams. Assist in day-to-day operations of business including Marketing, HR, Facilities Management, Client Care, IT and QA Compliance as required etc.